Anniversary

Friday, March 22, 2013

28 weeks 1 day, and a trip to the birthing center

 Quick appt update: I passed my GD test, only by 2 points, but a pass is a pass! After my next OB I'll go to bi-monthly appts, June is creeping up fast!

Baby boy is a trouble maker already. He's usually super active at least 3 times a day, like shaking my belly active. But, starting early yesterday into today I only felt him maybe a couple times. I kept thinking that if I ate this or that or poked at him enough he would give me a couple good kicks, but nope, stubborn like his mom ;-) So today around 1 I finally caved and called my OB's office. My doc wasn't there today, but the on call dr decided to have me head straight over to the hospital to check on him. I started to freak out a little thinking maybe I shouldn't have waited so long and had AJ meet me at the hospital just in case. I got all checked in and hooked up to the doppler and what does the little turkey do as soon as the nurse leaves? Starts punching at the doppler....seriously dude? I try to get you jacked up on sugar and poke at you repeatedly and nothing, but as soon as there's a doppler strapped to my stomach you go nuts? So then I felt a little silly b/c obviously he was fine, but I would rather be safe then sorry. The nurse did sorta chide me about waiting so long to go in. All is well again and while I felt like the epitome of a first time mom I'm happy to know he's okay. Plus they did another ultrasound so we got to see his cute little face again :-) once again he had at least one hand over his face at all times, camera shy just like his father LOL

How far along: 28 weeks 1 day

How big is baby: According to the Bump, (which likes to compare baby to fruits and veggies) baby boy is the size of an eggplant. What to Expect App says a small cabbage (that one is kinda odd)

Total weight gain: good question...about 15 I think

Sleep: hit and miss, would be better if I didn't have to wake up so many times to pee.

Maternity Clothes: you betcha

Food cravings : still sweets, but not as bad as before

Food Aversions: I made some toaster waffles yesterday at like 3 in the afternoon because they sounded delicious. I ate them and they were super yummy, but as soon as I was done the thought of them made me want to puke LOL

Challenges: tying my shoes, finding a comfortable position to sleep in, and my body has been all around tired lately

Movement: kinda covered that above

Boy or Girl?: Baby boy...we had the ultrasound tech double check today LOL


What I’m looking forward to: My parents offered to come put in a new window in the baby's room since we don't really have the time before my mom and AJ's aunt come to paint. So it'll be fun to really get started on his room.

What I miss: not feeling so exhausted

Next appt: April 4th


1 comment:

  1. It's a thought that never leaves your mind during you're entire pregnancy "is my baby okay?" Every time we got to see the doctor it gave me peace of mind. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the ultra sounds! Towards the end it seemed like dylan wasn't moving as much and it always freaked me out. But I guess she was just crowded lol. (And she was upside down too lol) He's almost here though! and even when he's out - you will still worry about him. For the rest of his life lol.

    ReplyDelete